It’s competition time! The amazing Sam Linsell of Drizzle & Dip has specially created the below easy-to-make but delicious creamy chicken recipe to pair with our Backsberg Chenin Blanc! Recreate this recipe at home, post a pic of your handiwork using the hashtag #BacksbergCheninandChef and stand a chance to WIN 2 x cases of Backsberg wine! Winner will be chosen by food fundi Benike Palfi of I Love Foodies and announced on 22nd February 2018! To enter, be sure to follow @backsberg, @drizzleanddip and @ilovefoodies on social media. We can’t wait to see your Chenin & Chef creations. Good luck!
Creamy chicken with sundried tomatoes and mushrooms
- 4 free range, skinless chicken breasts – about 400gms
- 250 gms mushrooms (white or portabello)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stick (1 stock cube or 1 stock sachet)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 80gms sun dried tomato quarters in olive oil vinaigrette (eg Ina Paarman) roughly chopped
- 2 tsp of picked thyme leaves and a few stalks
- ½ cup crème fraiche or cream
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each of the chicken breasts in half sideways through the middle so as to create two small & thinner slices of breast. This allows for quicker and more eaven cooking.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick pan or skillet and fry the chicken until golden on each side. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the mushrooms until they just start taking colour. Add the stock to the pan in parts and fry the mushrooms in this liquid. Add the thyme and garlic and continue cooking for a few minutes until half to two thirds of the liquid has evapourated.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and the liquid they are in, along with the crème fraîche or cream. Stir to heat through and allow to thicken slightly. Put the chicken and any juices that may have come out back into the pan and warm through. Coat in the sauce and serve straight away.