Backsberg is not only a Wine Estate but also the home of the Back Family and they have a few requests regarding the hosting of functions on their farm:
1. We are environmentally friendly in every aspect of everything we do and our catering for functions will also be handled in such a way as to have as little impact on the environment as possible.
2. Cut – Off times:
Day Function 18h00 (bar closes at 18h00 guests have until 19h00 to leave)
Night Function 00h00 (bar closes at midnight, guests have until01h00 to leave)
Should the bar be required to stay open later than these times this can be arranged,at a charge of R2000.00 per hour, or part thereof from the cut off time.
3. Noise Levels:
We assume that you have chosen to host your function at Backsberg due to the location – out in the country and so we respectfully request that the noise level is kept down to a maximum of 80 decibels measured at the entrance to the courtyard at Neville’s Place. Speakers may only be erected inside the venue and not in the courtyard. Music must be turned down considerably at midnight.
4. For décor purposes, the function facility is available to you on the day of your function from 10h00 onwards. Special requests regarding times may be discussed with Lee-Ann and will be accommodated wherever possible.
5. Staff: Staffing will be arranged by Backsberg, the number of staff allocated to work at any particular function will be determined by the size and requirements of the specific function. The cost will be added to your final bill.
6. All décor is to be removed from venue by 08h00 the following morning.Exceptions may be discussed and arranged with Lee-Ann and will be accommodated wherever possible.
7. Loss or damage to property will be charged for at full replacement cost.
8. Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safeguarding of your belongings, Backsberg will not be liable for loss or damage to any property whatsoever (vehicles, décor, props, wedding gifts, valuables etc.). Please inform your decorator of this.
9. Should the Backsberg Function Venue Building, surrounding gardens, décor or napery be damaged during the setup, duration or dismantling of the function, the client shall be held responsible and will be billed accordingly.
10.Backsberg, its employees or any person employed at any function, will not be held liable for any loss or injury to persons, due to negligence or any other cause whatsoever.
Please do contact me should you have any queries or concerns or should you require any further information.
Thank you and regards
082 495 2006 or email