Paarl Rotary Backsberg MTB Race 2017
Voted the best cycle event for the past five years by the Pedal Power Association (PPA), the Paarl Rotary Backsberg MTB brings both avid cyclists and newbies to the Paarl Valley for a day of family fun and some serious mountain-biking.
Each year Backsberg Estate Cellars plays host to this premium cycle event and this year is no exception with the rider-friendly race taking place on Sunday, 20 August 2017. Riders can expect a variety of race options to choose from with routes including 80% jeep track, some virgin single-track on private land, opened specifically for the event, a few undulating S-bend climbs and even a bubbly stop along the way.
Commences at 06H30 at Neville’s Place at Backsberg
Race distances and start times:
- 45 km (Starts at 08:00) – Aimed at the serious cyclist seeking a rush
- 30 km (Starts at 08:30) – Geared towards the fit rider
- 15 km (Starts at 09:00) – Perfect for the novice
- 4 km (Starts at 09:15) – Children’s Fun Race
- Online entries (varying between R50 and R210) will be accepted until Friday 18 August.
- To enter please click here.
- Late entries will be accepted on the day (R270 for all races except the 4 km route which will remain R50).
Organised and managed by the Paarl Rotary Club, an institution in and of itself, under the auspices of PPA, this charity-based cycle race will see proceeds going towards early childhood development projects supported by Paarl Rotary.
In addition, the aim of the race is to ensure all attendees enjoy a day of family fun and fitness in the Cape Winelands. As a result, patrons can expect the following added extras.
- Hot drinks and muffins available at registration
- Food stalls at the finish
- Vegetarian and Halaal food options
- A tailored a la carte menu from the Backsberg Restaurant
- Tuck shop, jumping castle, face painting, and organised games for the kids
- Wine Tasting and Sales
For additional information, please head to the Paarl Rotary website by clicking here.